Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Return of the Redeye

Allergy symptoms hit hard beginning a week or two ago. Now my day consists of waking up with a runny nose, eyes I want to claw out of my skull, and an itchy throat that could use a drubbing with some 80 grit sandpaper. The generic Zyrtec I got from Rite Aid seems to work randomly. Take the regular dose, and not much seems to happen. Double it, and for periods throughout the day, the symptoms are quelled, but not consistently. Aiding all the fun is the younger lad who wants to play catch outside 24 - 7. I thought staying in with the AC would help, but as evinced on Saturday, it didn't make a difference. So either the whole outdoors and indoors is saturated with ragweed, or I'm simply screwed. I'll suggest the latter, since that's the way my luck goes.

No comments: