Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The fun continues; no one notices but me. . .

Three solid days of working out and sweating, the heart monitor strapped on just to make sure I am working hard, and no surprise, I am right where I should be. On the plus side, I have had a solid headache for three days now, and my shoulders feel like a well abused GI Joe doll - you could rip the arms off with a simple tweak. Does the scale care? Nah, despite me substituting protein shakes for one or two meals a day. Perhaps the payoff will come later in the week, or maybe next week, maybe then the body will realize I am not fooling around this time, and jar the old metabolism into gear.

On another note, two gigs this weekend - on Friday, the Squeaky Chair is at Starry Nites, and Saturday, I'm with the Steve Greene trio at the MAG.

No comments: