Friday, January 18, 2008

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up . . .

Well, not really, but I did some tricep work the other day for the first time in forever, and now it's hard to lift my arms over my head, or shoulders, or whatever. Even lifting a fork up to my mouth makes me grimace, so I can see how lifting weights will help you lose weight, because you can't feed yourself. Bingo, there go the pounds. The scale has still not moved much, despite me telling my body fat that it's a lot warmer down in Florida. Like a bad taste in your mouth, it refuses to leave. I would guess though that by now, central processing up in the brain realizes I am not being chased by lions or tigers, and the constant fitness quest is permanent. In no time, the fat should be leaving, but at the moment, it's still busy packing. For those of you out there looking to make money, buy stock in Advil, Alleve, and Labatts. Short term anyway.

No comments: