Monday, October 8, 2007

Today the tooth, tomorrow the eyes . . .


In the continuing path toward decomposition, I had a wisdom tooth pulled today. Number 17, if you're keeping score. I was disappointed, well, because, it took less time to pull the tooth than it takes to fart. Really. The dental surgeon said something like, "you might feel a little pressure," and then I did, and that was it. One more quick probe for something, some loose flap of skin or something, and game over. It took me considerably longer to get the prescription filled (where the consultation with the pharmacist consisted of her reading the labels to me), or to get home (a road was under construction and closed). So now I'm changing bloody little gauze pads every half-hour, and trying to keep two kids calm. They have the day off from school (Columbus must be the patron saint of superintendents), and hopefully the day will pass quickly. Tomorrow is the eye exam, the second stop on the tour.

2 comments:

Pranayama mama said...

OMG that's vile! Well, at least the tooth fairy may come and leave you $.

Unknown said...

Yummy! Isn't it nice to know you'd been keeping that in your mouth!